The Mother of All
One year - 365 nights - 73 Gigabytes !!!
Now you too can use Hypnodyne's sleep capturing and analysis technology, used by renowned sleep scientists in the best research labs in Europe.
And there is no learning curve and no software to install. All is done for you automatically in three simple steps.
Step 1 - Receive your Sleep Computer
Simply position the ZMax pod near your bed. Prior to sleeping, wear the ZMax headband. Your sleep data is automatically collected,
anonymized, and uploaded for analysis. There is no screen and nothing to install and configure (except your wifi). Your first two nights are manually reviewed
by a sleep technician to make sure
the headband is applied correctly and you are getting pristine data.
Step 2 - Make a new friend :)
Add Hypnodoge as a friend on your Telegram (a superb, free and private Instant Messaging application like WhatsApp or Viber, available on all platforms).
When you eat some food, or carry out any physical activity, or do anything at all that may influence your sleep, just tell Doge (imagine every line you
write is a hashtag, for instance, #iceamericano,
#bedtime). Hypnodoge will also ask you how you feel upon waking up.
Step 3 - We unleash the A.I.
Gigabytes of your own, personal sleep data begin to pour in. Hypnodoge is in detective mode, pairing up each night with your
daytime annotations to untangle the utter mess. Here's what it can find out for you:
- Find your 3 best nights and show you what you did on those days and the previous days.
- Same with the 3 worst nights
- Find your 10 best nights and figure out what they had in common
- Same with the 10 worst nights
- Find out which activities or foods, performed/taken during what hours, affect the time it takes you to fall asleep (if any)
- Find out any factors/habits affecting your total REM and NREM sleep time.
- Find out which conditions yield the best awakening for you (waking up in REM vs NREM, at what time, illumination, temperature etc)
- Find out what factors influence the number of awakenings and movement throughout your sleep
- Find out which position, conditions, factors minimize your snoring, if any
- Find out what room temperature and humidity ensure the most stable sleep (initially you would have to annotate these
if you want to include them, but soon we will add temperature
and humidity sensors to the ZMax Pod to automate collection)
- The 'advice' becomes more precise the more data you acquire
But can't I just read a blog and take generic advice?
- Everyone's sleep is different! There is no "one size fits all" sleep advice, beyond the glaringly obvious.
- Science already recognizes the existence of basic chronotypes such as lark and owl (AMers/PMers)
- In our research we found dozens of different "types" (phenotypes) of brain activity during sleep.
Are there really only two chronotypes? Or dozens?
- In particular, the effects of foods, sunlight, medicines, supplements and stimulants on your hormones and circadian rhythm depend on your ancestry! Food > microbiome (gut flora) > hormone and signaling molecule regulation > effects on the circadian rhythm
- It's better to have one nugget of specific advice, tailored to your particular genome and microbiome, than a ton of generic advice.
Recovery. Affects. Everything.
- Did you know? Sleep quality and quantity directly affect testosterone levels in men. Skin quality, muscle gain and weight loss, your body's ability to deal with
all sorts of latent conditions that often go undiagnosed until they become symptomatic, such as stress and inflamation, adipose tissue formation,
cardiovascular deterioration, excessive appetite... all depend on sleep.
- According to a recent study by Dr John Axelsson, faces of people who get poor sleep are rated as less attractive (link)
- Your ability to delay gratification and operate rationally, as opposed to using your lizard brain, depends on carefully orchestrated frontal lobe
activity, emotion regulation and instinct suppression, which are very energy consuming. That energy depends on how well you recover. Frontal lobe function,
planning, and emotional regulation are key to all progress and wealth.
- Even the patience you have (or fail to have) with your loved ones depends on the quality of your sleep.
- In particular with children, the scars of abuse and emotional outbursts will stay with them forever. Have you ever 'snapped' and regretted it, simply because you were stretched to the limit due to insufficient recovery?
- Still, most people never have a sleep test in their life unless they have some serious condition like interruptions in breathing. Even if they do, it's only for a couple of days due to the cost, and covered in wires and equipment, which disturb the very thing that is being observed.
Join the pioneers
A few short months after its launch, ZMax is already being used by the very best research teams in Europe, both in Academia and industry.
Dr John Axelsson at the Karolinska Institute (Sweden) is using the real-time features of ZMax to monitor doctors during their sleep, to assess
their cognitive performance during emergency calls. Dr Eus Van Someren at the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience is evaluating ZMax for insomnia
research. The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour is preparing to use ZMax for the largest European brain study ever conducted,
with 1000 participants undertaking sleep studies, microbiome assays and fMRI scans across multiple years.
Scania AB (the Swedish commercial vehicle manufacturer) is
using ZMax to measure alertness in drivers of its heavy trucks.
The Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry in Germany, along with the most renowned sleep coaches in Europe,
coaching both military and top athletes, are evaluating ZMax as a next-generation sleep capture and analysis system.
The Mother of All Sleep Studies (Hypnodyne M.O.A.S.S.) pilot begins for a small number of users in 2019.
Apply to join as Early Bird
* ZMax is not a medical device and cannot substitute a doctor or help you cure or diagnose a specific disease.
Some sleep problems can be life threatening. Always consult with your physician in these circumstances.